Start a new topic

Question

So I have moneywiz running on all our iphones and I also have quicken. I have been using the free version of Moneywiz for the windows laptop. Which service should I buy (yearly one or the one time purchase) in order to get the same affect of Quicken? I download my transactions from my bank account and they get matched up in quicken with what I have already logged. Is moneywiz capable of doing that?

Does any of this make sense? I've had a long day which trying to deal with buying a new AC Unit for our house so I apologize if anything is not making sense. 

Hello there! Thank you for writing to us and for your interest in MoneyWiz.

Your question does make sense but I just need one clarification:

> I download my transactions from my bank account

Did you connect your accounts in Quicken to your real accounts in the bank so this is all happening automatically or are you exporting bank statements from your bank (QIF, OFX, QFX, MT940 or CSV) and importing them into Quicken?

MoneyWiz can support both of these solutions actually. Before I can answer further, I'd like to know which feature you're currently using in Quicken as this would affect the purchase you might want to make.

I go to the chase website and pick a date range and export it and then import that file into quicken which then matches up and reconciles with the transactions I entered manually in quicken

Hi again,

MoneyWiz can do this too. If you import a file that contains transactions that match* the transactions in your MoneyWiz database, they'll can be cleared and reconciled for you (no duplicates would be imported).

* - MoneyWiz recognises a transaction as a match if the amount is exactly the same and the date is within 3 days range (+/-).

Thanks for responding. I tried downloading a qfx file and tried to import it but it said invalid date form. What do i need to do to get this to import?

Thanks

Wade 

Wade,

Can you please open the file in TextEdit, look for one of the transactions and paste here the date format (it'll be a line beginning with D letter).

If you're not sure, you can e-mail us at hello@wiz.money with your file so we can check what's happening as well how we could fix this.

Login or Signup to post a comment