Start a new topic
Deferred

Sort expense categories in report

Hi!

Could you please add the possibility of sorting expense categories in reports by the amount spent without expanding them to subcategories?

For now when I choose the 'sort by amount' option with all categories initially collapsed, all categories suddenly get expanded to the lowest level. When I have a short list of base categories like

Travel $789

Food $123

Relatives $456

I would like to have a way to show it like

Food $123

Relatives $456

Travel $789

and not like

Travel -> Visa $5

Food -> Snacks $6

Relatives -> Lisa $10

Food -> Eating out $20

I do not ask to remove the latter way though, it might be useful for someone. But I have a more than a year experience of actively using MoneyWiz and I often lack this function. Maybe it could be 'Sort by amount without expanding' or something like this. Does not seem to be a difficult or compatibility destroying thing to implement.

It would also be cool if this behaviour would persist when I manually expand some base category. For instance, if in the above example I click Food (and the appropriate sorting mode is set), then all its subcategories should also be sorted by amount. 

2 people like this idea

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us! I'll certainly share it with our team although we cannot promise anything at the moment.

Hello,

I have been asking for the ability to filter our categories with $0 for a while now. Are there any plans to implement this feature? I love the report feature but dislike having to wade through a bunch of categories with $0 in order to see the ones that actually have spends attached. Even if the $0 ones go to the bottom and the ones with transactions float to the top would be helpful. I would still like them to be sorted based on the amounts with the category with the highest dollar amount at the very top.

Login or Signup to post a comment