Start a new topic
Solved

Uncategorized transaction ticked on by default

Hello!

I noticed that when I open the Expenses by category over time report form, uncategorized transactions have a tick on by default. At the same time all other categories are off by default. Uncategorized transactions are in the end of the list so when I see the list it seems like no categories are marked (which is totally sensible). Hence I mark a few categories I am interested in and build the diagram.

The unpleasant thing is that this diagram is misleading, because uncategorized transactions are included. I figured this out purely by accident.

I think this is incorrect behavior. I suggest that in all reports demanding categories to be chosen all categories should be disabled by default. 

P.S. I noticed that the "Categories" field in the form by default says "Not chosen" (I am not sure about English translation, because I am using the Russian localization). Hence the fact that uncategorized expenses are on by default is definitely a bug.

Hello Timur,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing!

This is logged for fixing but we can't yet guarantee that it'll be included in the 2.5 update. It might be the one after that.

I'll mark this issue as resolved here as we're aware of it and we're tracking this internally.

Thank you, Pawel.

This is still not fixed
Hello,

Yes, the fix is coming in 2.6 update. Sorry about the delay!

Login or Signup to post a comment