I started using subscribtion and make my main account Online Accounts. I found description of Online Accounts on MW support page:
"Editing transactions in online account
MoneyWiz has a number of algorithms to try and properly categorize your transactions. However, the system is not always correct, so you may want to edit your transactions and change the categories. Note that MoneyWiz learns how you link categories to transactions and it tries to give you better suggestions after every download it makes.
Same goes for providing you with payees - most banks do not provide payees, so MoneyWiz is trying to extract a payee name of the description of your transactions. This works much better if you already have a list of your most regular payees.
Additionally, you can change everything about your transactions in the online accounts, including to convert them to other types of transactions. There are no limitations. Please note that if you change or delete a transaction in your online account, MoneyWiz will not download the same transaction again. So please, be careful to not lose data. "
I am following these suggestions. When there is a new transaction I chek it and edit if necessary to update Category or Payee. But then I got the same transaction again in next time I connect to my bank. This is in contradiction of the last paragraph. Can anyone help me to get it work as design?
Since you've contacted us by e-mail as well, we'll keep the conversation there. I'll close this topic.
I am turning back to my issue as it`s going to repeat.
I am syncing with bank each morning. Syncing is fetching new transactions. I am then checking them, what I usualy do:
1. Change description to something more meaningful.
2. I check Payee I found that Payee is defined as "T" usualy, I change Payee for correct one according to my list.
3. Fo some transactions I need to change Category too.
Next day I am getting the same transactions again. Syncing process does not handle and MW show them again. I provide example of today.
This is the same if I perform sync in my OSX or IOS device.
Thank you for help.
If it happens again, please contact us at email@example.com linking to this topic so we can investigate it further, having some context. Thank you!
Can you please clarify on which platform is this happening?
I have Payee defined already and was used several times.
However I went trough steps you suggested:
1. I went through list of my payees I found 0 "wrong" payees.
I delete that duplicated transaction and it did not appear on new sync. But I think I did not solve my issue and it can happen again.
It's important to you keep the list of your payees clean. So for some of your Payees here's what probably happened:
- you've purchased something at a store(s) you didn't have a payee for in MoneyWiz database just yet
- MoneyWiz synced a couple of transactions, failed to find an existing payee but found that the common part in transaction description between imported transactions is "xxxxWrong Payeexxxx" and formatted it to the proper syntax
- you've changed the payees and categories in the imported transactions but you didn't delete the "xxxxWrong Payeexxxx" from MoneyWiz's list of payees
- next time you've synced, MoneyWiz found a match between the transaction description and the list of payees - and "xxxxWrong Payeexxxx" was a perfect match for a payee
So here's what you need to do:
1. Go through your list of payees and find "wrong" payees, like the one in the example.
2. Generate a Payee report for each of those payees and make sure that they are not used in any transactions.
3. Once you make sure of that, delete those payees.
4. On next sync, pay attention to what payees are assigned. If you see something like "Online Purchase" then change the payee and make sure to delete that payee from the payee list.
You'll notice categories allocation also improve if you make sure that the payees are assigned (and detected) correctly.
I hope this helps.