Start a new topic

Loan Accounts

Hi. Regarding loan accounts,

I have some questions,

For example, when I set a loan account to automatically handle a car lease.

First, due to how the app works, I have to assign two categories into the payment plan. 

My actual car lease payment plan is it consists of fixed same amount of payment every single month. Therefore I did not know how much should I put into 'Principal., how much I should put into 'Interest'.

And manually counting it is too much hassle for me.

Now, my question is:

1. It does not matter how much amount I put into each category, both of the categories amount would not add up / appear if I pull up a monthly expenses report. For example, if I set a $1000 payment split into $700 for principal, $300 for interest. If I pull up a monthly expenses report, my principal and interest expenses would still be $0 ? Why is that?

2. Everytime I made a loan payment, my net worth is decreasing, and my liabilities is increasing. Is that how it is supposed to be?

3. What is the reason you have to make the loan account to always have two categories assigned to it? With some fixed amount of payment I have, I really just want to think simply my 'monthly payment' is my 'expense' for my particular loan. Please consider to give us an option to only assign 1 category to a loan account, and that's it.

4. Suppose my car is worth total $100.000, in the end of my loan payments, will this $100.000 add up in my net worth ?

1 person has this question

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Are you looking at the first payment in the loan account?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I have made 5 transactions in the loan account using the payment plan.

And when I tried to pull expenses report for the last 6 months. This 'Car ownership' and 'Interest' expense does not appear to be counted in the report.

2. I suppose that your Net Worth is currently at minus due to the Loan. Can you confirm exactly what do you mean by "decreasing" here? Do you see it going even further below 0 or getting closer to 0?

By decreasing I meant, for example, from 10 going to 0. By increasing, I meant, for example from 0 going to 10.

So everytime I made a 'payment' in the loan account, my 'liabilities' is increasing.... Say... before 100k, after 110k... ??

Hello Sianto,

Thank you for writing to us!

One important thing to remember is that our loans formula might not fit all cases so in some cases you might be better off creating a Scheduled expense instead.

1. Are you looking at the first payment in the loan account?

2. I suppose that your Net Worth is currently at minus due to the Loan. Can you confirm exactly what do you mean by "decreasing" here? Do you see it going even further below 0 or getting closer to 0?

3. After the Loan account was introduced, we received a lot of feedback about this and changed it accordingly. We do not receive much feedback about this anymore so we see it was a good decision :)

4. No, the balance of the loan will be 0.

Login or Signup to post a comment