Start a new topic
Deferred

Online Banking Synchronisation periodically via SyncBit or real live via Yodlee/Saltedege

Hi,

I am a satisfied user of Money Wizard.
I find only the online banking synchronization process is not smooth.
I feel that every time I start the synchronization process with Money Wizard Yodlee is started. Is that right? That means a customer many synchronization attempts.
If the above is true, I wonder whether it is not more efficient, for example, every 6 hours central lifting the online banking transactions in your central database. Every time Money Wizard will then be launched new mutations achieved via Sync Bits. My experience is that it goes fast. Then you can give the customer the choice that he wants anyway real live retrieve the information at Yodlee.
Most people will not really spend all day with bringing in actual transactions.

Vincent Maas

Vincent,

Unfortunately we do not have such a central machine that could perform this action for you. This would require us to know your sync password as we'd be accessing your private data and perform operations on it. We don't want that - we want to keep your data secure.

At the moment, Online Banking sync can only be made if MoneyWiz is running.

Hi Pawel,
Thanks for your reaction. You answer is clear.
Kind regards
Vincent Maas

One year later. I have two questions.

1. You have made a wonderfull app. But there is one big disadvantage. The sync with Online Banking takes  too much time. Is there really no solution to speed up the process? One year ago you told that for security reaons it's not desirable to sync via Syncbits. That's clear. But is there no possebility to add a functionality at the app, that the app in the background automatic connect with Yodlee or Saltedge, for example the frequency adjustable by the user?

2. When opening a new online Bankaccount I see only banks via Yodlee. Does that mean that you once will say goodbye to Saltedge?

Kind regards

Vincent Maas

Vincent,

1. We believe that we have found a way to do this securely. I'm happy to tell you that we are looking into Online Banking background sync :) No specific details yet but it is on our radar and we'd really like to do this.

2. Not at all! We still support both Yodlee and Salt Edge. Perhaps your bank is not supported by Salt Edge? Please try restarting MoneyWiz - perhaps there was a problem downloading new list of banks.

Login or Signup to post a comment