Start a new topic
Answered

Summary of all budgets

Hi, I've been using YNAB for the past couple of years with great success.  The one thing they don't do well is multiple currencies, which I am desperate enough for to try out MoneyWiz.  But I'm having some issues and maybe it's just because I don't know how to do it.

I figured out that to mimic YNAB's envelope functionality I would have to create multiple "budgets" (i.e. categories in YNAB).  I also figured out that I couldn't do sub-budgets.  Ok fine. Also, the budgets don't show month views side by side, so ok, I am limited to just the current month and the scrolling list of budgets.  Now...how can I see a combined total of all budgets?  See, I want to keep using the YNAB method, which is to give all my money a job reducing the total amount of unbudgeted income to 0 each month.  Anything over my actual budget amounts gets put in a special "buffer" budget meant to cushion the next 2 or 3 months.  But critical to all this is being able to see the total of all budgets and compare that with  my expected income for the month.

Is there a way to do this in MoneyWiz?  If not, I may have to abandon this project and deal with irritating multi-currency issues in YNAB for another year.

Best Answer

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for giving MoneyWiz a try!

On which devices do you use MoneyWiz on? The budgets section displays "Total budgeted" amount on the iOS/Android versions, while the Mac keeps it near "Net worth" which can be accessed when you click on the triangle button in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Answer

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for giving MoneyWiz a try!

On which devices do you use MoneyWiz on? The budgets section displays "Total budgeted" amount on the iOS/Android versions, while the Mac keeps it near "Net worth" which can be accessed when you click on the triangle button in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Thanks, that was straightforward.