Start a new topic
Deferred

Beginning doubts

Hello, first of all I feel my "English" but the absence of a Spanish forum, I can only raise my doubts with a translator.

I'm catching up my MoneyWiz for next year and a couple of questions arise.

1. Budget:

For example if I have 10,000 euros of budget allocation on several concepts. When I put a new expense that recurs every month, I put for example 100 euros and is repeated each month and never ends.
An expense that runs only once a year, you get repeated once a year and never ends.
An expense that is repeated four times a year, put it that repeats every three months and never ends.
Because the annual budget only accounts for no initial cost and no accumulated all year?

2. Credit Account:

It's actually for a credit card, but as is configured to include all expenses from the 20th of one month to the next 20 and past the total charge for the 1st of the next month.

I hope I may understand my doubts and I assure you'll have more soon.

Thank you.

Hello Paco,

Thank you for writing to us.

1. The budget takes into account only transactions that have been posted and saved. It does not take into account the transactions that have not been posted yet.

2. MoneyWiz doesn't support automatic calculation of credit card amount due and automatic repayment of that amount just yet. We will be introducing this feature in one of the future updates to MoneyWiz.

What you can do as a workaround is to go to Scheduled section and set up a new Scheduled transfer from your Checking account to your Credit account, leaving the Amount field empty.

When the payment is due, MoneyWiz will ask you to fill out the amount field and process the payment. You will just need to calculate the amount due and fill it in. I understand that this might not be the most comfortable solution but we are already working on making this much easier and more automated.

I hope this can work for you!

Thanks for your answer, but one thing I do not understand.

"1. The budget takes into account only transactions that have been posted and saved. It does not take into account the transactions that have not been posted yet."

If I prepare a budget for one year starting date 1/12/16, Repeat, Frequency 1 year.

Because to get an expense that recurs every 1 month, only shows me the first budget spending. Ex: Pay light bill, 50 euros x 12 months = 600 euros. The budget shows only 50 euros. I understand that should calculate 600 euros.

Another question:

Since I have a new budget spending of 10 euros per month and repeated monthly. In addition to spending only the first and not the months appears automatically even when in "red" I subtracts the associated account (100-10 = 90). If I change to green, the account value is not changed (90) and if I go back to change to red, the figure remains the same (90), all this even with the warning that the balance will vary. But there is more, in this case, if I go to the option "Scheduled" and I select "pay" I doubled spending discounting the two values of the associated account (100 - (10 + 10) = 80). In the latter case if I change from green to red for the coming of "scheduled" if that sum (100-10 = 90).

Thank you and hope you can help me.

Paco,

If I prepare a budget for one year starting date 1/12/16, Repeat, Frequency 1 year.

> Because to get an expense that recurs every 1 month, only shows me the first budget spending. Ex: Pay light bill, 50 euros x 12 months = 600 euros. The budget shows only 50 euros. I understand that should calculate 600 euros.

It'll only show 50 euros because you've only paid 50 euros so far. The remaining 550 euros will be paid monthly in the future months - but you haven't paid that money, you'll pay it in the next month, and next month, etc.

Only transactions that have been paid are shown in budget. The remaining 550 euros haven't been paid yet.

Since I have a new budget spending of 10 euros per month and repeated monthly. In addition to spending only the first and not the months appears automatically even when in "red" I subtracts the associated account (100-10 = 90). If I change to green, the account value is not changed (90) and if I go back to change to red, the figure remains the same (90), all this even with the warning that the balance will vary. But there is more, in this case, if I go to the option "Scheduled" and I select "pay" I doubled spending discounting the two values of the associated account (100 - (10 + 10) = 80). In the latter case if I change from green to red for the coming of "scheduled" if that sum (100-10 = 90).

I am sorry but I am not sure that I understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase your message? Perhaps you can take some screenshots?

I think it will cost a lot of work in this way. Will try other forms.

Thank :-(

Login or Signup to post a comment