Start a new topic
Solved

Double entries in budgets.

Whenever I enter a transaction that's tracked by a budget it gets duplicated in the budget ledger. It's fine in the actual account ledger where there is only one entry. It's in the budget ledger where it gets duplicated. As a result I'm always exceeding my budgets because their totals are always twice what they should be.

Hi Carl,

Could you please be so kind to send us screen shots that will display the issue? Please also send us a screen shot of Budget settings (open it for Edit, where we can see its start date, allowance, etc). Please also tell us on which device does it happen, what MoneyWiz version is on it and what is the version of OS on the device?

When I try to take a screen shot I get a notification saying the app won't allow screenshots. I've attached a screen shot of that. I have plenty of space and no groups so it must be the app disallowing it.
png
Ok, so this is Android device. Could you please tell me what MoneyWiz version is on it?
And in order to be able to make screen shots, simply open the app, go to Settings - >General and disable PIN protection in MoneyWiz. Then you can make screen shots.

Well I've got a new phone now (BlackBerry Priv running Android 5.1.1) and the problem seems to have gone away. But for your own records I'll give you the screenshots and info anyway. It was an HTC One M8 running Android 5.0.1 and the latest version of Moneywiz at the time.
png
png
png
png
png
Hi Carl,

Could you please update MoneyWiz till 2.0.16 version and tell us if the issue takes place in this new version as well (basically we need to know if new duplicated transactions are created).

Well, like I said I have a new phone now with a different version of Android and the problem has gone away. I sold the HTC One I had this problem on so I'm afraid I can't do as you ask. But it was using the latest version of Moneywiz when I started the thread.