Start a new topic
Solved

strange Notification in OS X version - still showing

I found old topic about strange Notification in OS X version saying that I hadn`t used moneywiz whole week, but in fact I am using it daily.

Topic is marked as solved.

I update MoneyWiz several times since this was reported, but I am getting this message still.

Is there any progress or hint to get rid of this annoying message?

Thank you

Dear Karel,

Are you using MoneyWiz on your Mac all the time or perhaps you're using it on iOS more frequently than on the Mac?

Dear Pawel,

I am pretty sure that I am using it daily on both iOS and OS X. The message is saying "whole week" and here I am 100% sure this is not true.

Could you please tell us what is your SYNCbits account and what are the current versions of MoneyWiz on your devices? On iOS and Android you can check the version number by going to MoneyWiz > Settings > About & Help > Look at the number just below the last button (Online help).

On a Mac, go to MoneyWiz in the menu bar, at the top, and then select About MoneyWiz. You will see the version number just below the MoneyWiz logo.

The OS X version is version 2.2 (build 55).

SYNCbits account is: kubinkarel (at) seznam.cz

Thank you 

Karel,

Can you please try reinstalling MoneyWiz on all devices to see if this fixes the issue?

Mac

With MoneyWiz quit, please open Finder on your Mac and from the menubar at the top choose Go -> Go to Folder... (alternatively you can press this shortcut: `⇧ + ⌘ + G`). Delete any contents that are in the text box that appears and paste this path:

~/Library/Containers/

Then press Return ([this](http://cl.ly/XX6L) GIF shows how to do it).

You will find many folders there. The one we are looking for is called com.moneywiz.mac. Please zip/archive/compress it and keep somewhere safe. This is your backup. Once that backup is safe, you should delete that folder. After that is done, go to your Applications folder and place MoneyWiz icon to Trash.

Please note that any image or PDF attachments you might have will be lost as we don't sync them for now.

Reinstall MoneyWiz again from the Mac App Store. As long as you use the same Apple ID that was used with the original purchase, you won't be charged twice.

iOS

Tap and hold on MoneyWiz icon until it starts to wiggle and then tap the "x" that appears. Confirm that you understand that all of your MoneyWiz data will be deleted. Please note that any image or PDF attachments you might have will be lost as we don't sync them for now.

Afterwards, download MoneyWiz again from the App Store (as long as you use the same Apple ID that was used with the original purchase, you won't be charged twice). If you use various Apple IDs, please stay logged into the one you purchased MoneyWiz with until you launch it once.

How does it look like after signing back in?

I reinstalled MoneyWiz from Mac following your process. I will update after one week of testing.

Thank you

Login or Signup to post a comment