Start a new topic
Deferred

Improvement to notification of invalid online bank credentials on iOS

Several of my banks want me to re-login to online banking rather frequently. This may be related to the fact that many banks are tracking incoming IP addresses and requesting revalidation of credentials when a previously unknown IP (or browser) is used. Since each instance of MW downloads it's own transactions, this seems to result in frequent requests to revalidate my credentials. 

MW 2.04 on iOS pops up a request for new credentials on every sync where the background download needs reauthorization. This means that nearly every time I open MW to enter a transaction, one or more notices appear asking me to enter a password for a bank or deal with it later.

Rather than have a popup every time, it would be helpful if there was some global visual warning on the app that one or more accounts couldn't be synced (not a popup), along with an indicator on the account(s) that needed credentials re-entered. 

It would also be useful if Syncbits could get fresh data from another device for an account that the local device couldn't retrieve, that it went ahead and did that indicating in the transactions that they came from Syncbits rather than a download.

Running MW 2.04 on iPad Air 2, iOS 8.3; iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks

1 Comment

Thank you Jon for sharing this! It's certainly an interesting idea, I'll share it with our team for internal review :)

Login or Signup to post a comment