Start a new topic
Deferred

Indication of transfer account in transaction list

When reviewing transactions in the OSX transaction grid view for an account, it would be helpful to be able to see the account that a transfer came from. Maybe in the 'description' field? Right now that's by default a copy of the description field from the transferring account's transaction, and the 'Payee' field is empty. This is true of the non-grid view as well. The only way to see any of the transferring info is to edit the transaction, making it difficult to see whether a transfer is transferred from the correct account.

It would also be nice if there was a way to jump directly to the balancing transaction in the other account from the context menu (like Quicken).

3 people like this idea

In My case on 2.0.4 (build 33) the automatic descriptions reflect this: 

I take it this is not the case with the transfers downloaded from the online banking or imported from file. Frankly, to me it would sound as yet another column in gridview to show the counter account, when you can double-click the transaction and see that very quickly. 

"Frankly, to me it would sound as yet another column in gridview to show the counter account, when you can double-click the transaction and see that very quickly."

That, and perhaps an entry in the 'options' menu of the non-grid view, would be perfect. :-)

Hey..

I have the same issue.  I think for not cluttering the UI, using the Payee column would be more than enough.. Just indicate with a special symbol that it's a transfer (the payee column is NOT USED in transfers and always blank).

Maybe something like [[ACCOUNT]] or <<ACCOUNT>>

I invite you to go to:

http://support.moneywizapp.com/support/discussions/topics/309418/page/last#post-493055

And click on the "like idea" button so it can get more on the radar of devs?

I already replied to the above mentioned feature request, so just repeating myself here.

The best way to identify transfers for me would be a Transfer category.

Login or Signup to post a comment