Start a new topic
Solved

Inconsistent behaviour when Editing Transaction Amount

MoneyWiz 2.0.4 (build 32), iPad 2 on iOS 8.2 (12D508)
No custom keyboards installed

Transaction Layout has "POS style" set

Tap an existing transaction, select Options, Edit
Select the amount field - showing MoneyWiz numeric keyboard with calculator

Example amount - 15.99, I want to change it to 15.00 instead

Backspace key twice - amount now reads 0.15

Type "0" - now we are in "overwrite" mode, and the amount is 0.00

Same with POS style disabled:

Backspace key twice - amount now reads 15

Type "." - now we are in "overwrite" mode, and the amount is 0.

If "backspace" is allowed, then "editing" the existing amount should also be allowed.

Suggestion: if the first keypress is a number, then "overwrite".  If not, then "edit" (as if you'd just typed whatever is showing)

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your detailed bug report! However, I cannot reproduce this on my end. Do you use SYNCbits? If yes, could you please try reinstalling MoneyWiz on your iPad and then download the data again from SYNCbits?

Tap and hold on MoneyWiz icon until it starts to wiggle and then tap the "x" that appears. Confirm that you understand that all of your MoneyWiz data will be deleted. Please note that any image or PDF attachments you might have will be lost as we don't sync them for now.

Afterwards, download MoneyWiz again from the App Store (as long as you use the same Apple ID that was used with the original purchase, you won't be charged twice). If you use various Apple IDs, please stay logged into the one you purchased MoneyWiz with until you launch it once.

I am not going to reinstall MoneyWiz to fix a bug - for one, I will lose all my attachments, and for a second, last time it took about 4 hours for all my account data to synchronise, and I don't want to lose access to my iPad for that long!

Since you didn't replicate the issue, I tried a bit more testing.

If you are using the "normal" numeric keyboard, it works as expected.
If, when you open the transaction, the "normal" numeric keyboard is shown, and you switch to the "calculator" keyboard, it works as expected.
If, when you open the transaction, the "calculator" keyboard is shown, you get the bug as described above.
If, when you open the transaction, the "calculator" keyboard is shown, and you switch to the "normal" keyboard, it works as expected.

So, to fully replicate the bug:

• Edit a transaction, tap on the "Amount" field
  • Swipe, if necessary, to get the "Calculator" keyboard
  • Close the transaction
  • Open the transaction again
  • Tap on the "Amount" field - assume it shows 15.99, and you should still have the "Calculator" keyboard showing
  • Tap backspace twice - it now shows either 0.15 or 15., depending on if you are in POS entry mode or not
  • Type 0 - it should show either 1.50 or 15.0, but instead it will show either 0.00 or 0.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

We were trying to reproduce the issue specifically on iPad 2, with the newest MoneyWiz build (officially it's not out yet). We still couldn't reach the same result as you. I suggest we wait until the official 2.0.5 release so you could download and install it on your iPad, and see if this issue persists there.