Start a new topic
Solved

SYNCbits encryption question about contradictory statements

The SilverWiz FAQ page contains the following entry:

I forgot my SYNCbits password, and I can't remember my security answers. What should I do?
Modified on: Sun, 8 Mar, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Please know that the security answers are case sensitive.

Knowing they are case sensitive, please try to enter them again. If you still can’t remember them, send us an e-mail and we’ll send you instructions on how to extract your database and send it to us, so we can get the SYNCbits password from it.

PS. To access the password reset feature, please visit:
https://my.syncbits.com
and then click on the "Forgot password" link.

However, on your SYNCbits Privacy Policy page, you state the following:

The contents of your data are strictly encrypted with a minimum of 128-bit AES encryption. The size of the encryption key varies for added security. The encryption keys are also encrypted with each user’s password and security answers. This means that if you have an account with SYNCbits and you lose both your password and security answers, we can’t help you obtain your data back.

Can you provide more detail about these contradictory statements? 

Yes, certainly. Thank you for the question. All communication between the device and the server is encrypted, and all data on the server is encrypted. The local database on the device is not encrypted, only the passwords are masked in it. We have a way of de-syncing the database  i.e. disconnect it from the online account, so we can use it to create a new account with new password and new security questions/answers.

So if you have a device where you are already in and you have data on it, we can save that data. In case you no longer have a device where you are or were logged in at some point (without cleaning up the local database) we cannot access the SYNCbits account and help you download the data from there. It is a total lockdown. 

I have updated the FAQ to make it more clear, and not create contradictions. 

Estou com mesmo problema e não consigo resolver

@rubem Envie um email para hello@moneywizapp.com