Start a new topic
Planned

Search transactions on all accounts at the same time

Hi!

This is a very simple feature request:

When searching up for something, I'd like to be able to search in all accounts at the same time, not just the one i'm currently looking at.

Also, I'd like to be able to quickly see the sum of all the located transactions that have been found through the search criteria.

Just a quick feedback: the app is really laggy on my 2013 MBA. All the other apps run just fine. Hope you guys improve that.

6 people like this idea

All right. I figured out how to search on all acounts at the same time both on the Mac and iOS.

Now what I need is the auto-sum at the bottom for the itens found.

I agree, this would be really nice to have.

Hi Federico,

The sum at the bottom is on our to-do list... it's a UI issue to solve on iOS, because the keyboard hides the bottom, but we'll figure out something nice.

Awesome. Hope it comes soon!

This would be quite useful

+1

How do you search for a payee amongst all transactions on Android?

Hi Claudine,

There are 2 ways:

1. Go to All Transactions and just type in the payee name in the search field. To go to All Transactions, open the menu and notice the "eye" icon near the Accounts button. Tap that icon and MoneyWiz will display all transactions from all accounts in one list.

2. Go to any account, start searching and notice there are 2 tabs on the top of the screen... "Current" account, "All"accounts ... select "All" and that means your search will run in all accounts, not just the currently selected one.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks so much!
"2. Go to any account, start searching and notice there are 2 tabs on the top of the screen... "Current" account, "All"accounts ... select "All" and that means your search will run in all accounts, not just the currently selected one."

I know this was 9 months ago, but, NO, I don't see 2 tabs when I have a search.

One way to speed up the "really laggy" search could be to only start the actual filtering when you press enter, not after every key stroke. An option for that would be nice.

@Ian, can you post a screenshot? If you are using MoneyWiz on a desktop machine (Mac or Windows) there is a little arrow on the left side in the search bar. Select it to see the options to search in all accounts or the current account. On mobile (iOS and Android) it should be 2 tabs.

@George - noted. We'll improve that greatly this summer.

Yes I see it now.  But it's TINY!   And there are no instructions; true it's like doing a search in Mac's finder, but it's not intuitive if you can't see it. 

As far as I am concerned the whole window and all the text could be made larger, and made easier to use.

Hi Ian,

Your feedback is noted. Have in mind that we have people who ask us to make the text smaller, and people who ask us to make it larger... what we'll probably do is to make it configurable, but that won't come out in the next few months as it requires major changes that are very time consuming.

Login or Signup to post a comment