It would be great if you implement the ability to " borrow money " . For example, I gave someone money in debt or money I took a loan from a particular person , and I want to see my debtors or those who gave me money. To do for this new account is not very convenient , considering that after the return of the money will have to delete the account and adjust the transfer operation. Thank U!
I am thinking that perhaps tags + refunds functionality would be able to solve this... please tell me if the following sounds like a solution (after we release the Tags functionality):
1. You give someone money (expense) and tag is as "borrow" for example. (Although borrow is when you get money, but for the sake of the example let's say it's a "borrow" tag)
2. You set the person you are giving money to, as the Payee
3. When this person returns the money (partially or in full) you create a refund transaction for this expense. If it's only a partial return, you can just create multiple refunds until the whole amount is returned.
4. You will be able to run report by this tag, to see who owes you money
Does that sound like a solution?
I am not Anton but I do not think that what you suggested is a good solution. The reason is that giving money to somebody is not an expense, in fact it is just a transfer to some virtual "debts" account. The main bad consequence of your proposal is that the total wealth will be changed after borrowing, while "in reality" it does not.
I am now using specially created debts and creditors accounts and transferring money to/from them. However I lack the following functionality: find out, how much money I owe to particular persons? It is not convenient to create a separate account for every creditors/borrower (too many of them), so this is not an option.
I suggest creating one special type of account (borrowing/lending) where:
1. Counterpart field would be necessary (that is who we are lending/giving money) for any transaction (expense, transfer, income) involving this account.
2. It would be possible at any moment to see how much money every counterpart owns you (this persons's "virtual account" state).
I am sure this would be really useful for many people.
That sounds like a good proposal. I've logged it to the dev team but for MW 3 because our MW 2 schedule is full.
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to get a new version!
The new version of the time?
Looking forward, Looking forward..
As Iliya noted, this feature will be most likely coming in MoneyWiz 3: http://moneywizapp.com/features/#roadmap
disappointment , Too long time .
borrow money , I need it very much ! 2017. Time is too long.
He has a borrow money function
however, he can only export three months of data
It makes me sick.