Start a new topic
Solved

MW not learning Payees and Categories

I LOVE this app. But ... every time I download transactions from my bank and import them, I am required to "match up" payees as well as categories for the same people and categories over and over again. It seems as though the app is simply not "learning" when I match up a downloaded payee name with my MW payee list and the same for the category list.

Any idea why this might be happening?

5 people have this problem

Payees are remembered but categories have not been learned and have to be laboriously re entered

This was (finally) acknowledged as a bug in v2.0.3 and was supposed to have been fixed in v2.0.4 Beta. It hasn't. I've logged another ticket tonight - will update you.

Alright let me clarify something, what you are looking for is that when you change a transaction with payee 1234ZXCV to Payee A, next time a transaction from payee 1234ZXCV, it should download as Payee 1, correct? 

Hi Asen I think Dave was talking more about the next stage of the import - when you link a Payee to a Category. Moneywiz had stopped learning that in v2.0.3 and earlier. I've just tested it in build 25 of v2.0.4 and it seems to be fixed now. Ian
I am refering to both ... For the payee ... I am looking for exactly whatAsen described. When I download and get a payee named xyz001, then I match that name to Supply Company ... The next time I download I expect MW to automatically enter any payees from xyz001 as Supply Company To your point ... On the next step after downloading where I match up categories .... If I match Supply Company payee to the category "Home Repairs", then I expect the next time I import transactions from Supply Company, MW will automatically categorize them as Home Repairs versus indicating no category has been assigned.

btw ... I am using version 2.03 build 15.

When can I get access to v2.04 build 25 ??

@dave I can get you on the beta the moment you let us know your Apple ID (the e-mail address you use to purchase and download apps). 

So you are not using Online Banking but rather import files, correct? What type - QIF? 

@ian - for Import of QIF or for transactions downloaded from online banking? 

Hi Ian, That would be great! My Apple ID is davegnotta@me.com Yes, I download QIF
Oops ... Sorry Asen. I saw Ian's name at the bottom Appreciate your help!

No worries : - ) Added you to the beta list, expect an invitation within 24 hours. Note you need to install TestFlight from the AppStore on your iOS 8 devices, and when you receive the invitation e-mail open to read it on that same device and open the invitation in TestFlight. 

When you test to import the QIF file, if it still makes issues, please also send an e-mail to hello@moneywiz.com with this link inside it: 

http://silverwiz.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/307610

Thanks.

Nothing yet Asen ...

Just done my monthly download and categories are not remembered again.  I don't really want to do  the Beta thing but I would like this problem to be sorted sooner than later.  

I download the Quicken OFX option rather than the QUIF file - is that relevant ?

Got the beta. Fixed it perfectly!

Thanks Asen!

Great to hear it. The Release is already pending approval at the AppStore and soon will be here. Please make sure to delete the beta before installing and starting the released 2.0.4 version (no need to delete TestFlight itself, it is a very handy thing as with it Apple let us, provide users with so to say almost immediate updates, without having to go through the review process).